Welcome to Nova Scotia Young Farmers` Forum
Come join our group of highly energized, enthusiastic, and united group of young farmers looking to work toward becoming the next farm leader!
Leadership comes in many forms;
- – Some of us will become leaders in quality work on our farm,
- – Others become leaders in managing a successful farm business,
- – While others go on to become leaders in their agricultural community on committees, boards, or planning & policy sessions.
Join now and find out about the many opportunities for you!
To promote the exchange of ideas and to foster collaboration between the young and future farmers of Nova Scotia.
To provide a multi-faceted educational and development opportunity for young and beginning farmers from across Nova Scotia.
To provide a multi-faceted educational and development opportunity for young and beginning farmers from across Nova Scotia. More specifically, to:
– IDENTIFY the problems encountered by young people looking to become established in agriculture, and to exchange ideas about solutions applied in Canada and around the world;
– PROMOTE the exchange of ideas on issues of training and capacity building, and to identify program needs and preferred delivery methods;
– ENABLE young people throughout Nova Scotia to become familiar with the realities of the agriculture industry;
– PREPARE young and beginning farmers for a more active role in provincial and national agricultural organizations;
– CONSOLIDATE the opinion of young and beginning farmers across Nova Scotia on agriculture and rural issues; AND
– TRAINING & EDUCATION